no mom I don’t want a boyfriend I want a kingdom
I have never thought about it in this context
that’s actually really, really creepy.
I once pointed this out to my mother and she just stared at me, in stunned silence for ages.
There will always be a girl who is less sober, less secure, with less friends walking in a darker part of town. I want her safe just as much as I want me safe.
John Oliver on the Scottish ‘Better Together’ campaign slogan.
sitting on rooftops as time goes by
what she says: no
what she really means: no
women are so complicated how are us men supposed to understand them
Celebrity Magazine Covers Seamlessly Blended With Classic Paintings
by Eisen Bernard Bernando
Details from the Roman Arch of Constantine, dedicated in AD 312. This triumphal arch is situated between the Palatine Hill and Colosseum in Rome, and was built by the Senate to commemorate the victory of Constantine the Great in the Battle of Milvian Bridge.
Photos taken by Steve James.
Ernest Pignon-Ernest works constantly on the links between people and places, using drawings made from images of famous people, events or even paintings to “re-inhabit” a place that holds their memory and so engendering reactions with the contemporary inhabitants of that place, or with simple passers by: you and me in other words. His work is rarely shown in galleries. It is truly “street art” in the sense that it uses the street as its wall and its audience. This series of photographs shows examples of the work he did between 1988 and 1995 in Naples, using images from Italian paintings, essentially by Caravaggio. (via)
- Opus 2 (Arrangement In Skintones), digital chromogenic print, 2012
- Castrophia, paint on laser print, 2012
- The Girl With Stars In Her Eyes, paint on found ceramic bust, 2014
- Garage Sale Painting Of Peasants With Color Bars, paint on found painting and frame, 2011
- Portrait Of A Woman With Deletions, paint on found print, 2010
- Nocturne 109, digital chromogenic print, 2011
- Thrift Store Landscape With A Color Test, paint on found canvas and frame, 2009
- A Grecian Bust With Color Tests, paint on found stone sculpture, 2013
- Brutalized Gainsborough 2, paint on laser print, 2009
- Hymn 32, digital chromogenic print, 2013